“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success” – Alexander Graham Bell
The aspiration behind transforming the most backward districts of the country is an ambitious one. Before deploying young professionals in these districts, it becomes imperative to drive their energies in an effective manner. Keeping in mind the challenges that the Fellows will face on the ground, the Aspirational District team had designed a rigorous and comprehensive induction programme.
The Induction programme seeks to provide the Fellows :
- Role clarity as Fellow
- Inspire the fellows with a can-do spirit and connect with the vision of TADP.
- Building peership and camaraderie among the Fellows to enhance their learning and work.
- Prepare and plan for their role as a Fellow within the district administration.
- Understanding the Transforming Aspirational Districts Programme
- Understanding the vision, mission and objectives behind TADP
- Identifying various stakeholders and institutional arrangements within TADP
- Understanding the success metrics and business processes for implementation of TADP
- Perspectives, drivers to outcomes and public delivery structure for key sectors –
- Health & Nutrition
- Agriculture and allied activities
- Identifying quick wins and best practices
- Will ensure Fellows gain ready acceptance
- Will help the fellows to support district in few areas with high delivery
During the 5 day intensive programme the fellows had the opportunity to interact with dignitaries from the public administration, leadership from Tata Trusts as well as subject matter experts from various sectors. Most importantly, the induction process provided a space for the Fellows to find exceptional mentors who had readily agreed to help them with their work in the Fellowship.
All in all the induction programme held at the Ministry of Home Affairs in New Delhi gave the Fellows the perfect launch pad to strive for their mission for a better district and unite together in the struggle for a better India.